Palais des Thés invites you to learn the art of tea tasting and to explore its iconic single-estate teas. Each tea tube features the region, country of origin, tea type, appearance of the leaves, and ideal preparation conditions.This box includes ten 0.4 oz (12g) vials of loose whole-leaf tea from each of the following teas:
- Milky Oolong: with its buttery, vanilla, and fresh floral notes, this gourmet oolong from Thailand is a delight.
- Butterfly of Taïwan: with its woody, honeyed, spicy notes and subtly sweet flavor, this Oolong is round and long in the mouth and unanimously appreciated.
- Genmaicha Yama: a traditional Japanese tea that blends Bancha green tea with roasted brown rice.
- Sencha Ariake: a Japanese green tea, both sweet and invigorating, with a vegetal and very slightly iodized flavor, ideal for discovering the excellence of Sencha teas.
- Long Jing: one of the best reputations among Chinese teas, with its roast chestnut notes.
- Grand Yunnan Imperial: this Chinese black tea provides a subtle energy boost. It is soft and floral, with a subtle astringency and a crowd-pleasing honeyed flavor.
- Darjeeling Margaret's Hope: dark, fruity, and full of character, it stimulates without overexciting.
- Kenya Kirinyaga: this strong black tea's intense woody and honeyed notes, as well as its robust texture, make it an excellent breakfast tea.
- Pu Erh Imperial: a well-known dark tea with woody and liquorice notes that aids digestion.
- Jejudo Imperial: this Korean green tea is a hidden gem with its marine and hazelnut notes typical of spring teas and its very umami flavor.To go even further, this tasting set includes a booklet that teaches the fundamentals of tea tasting, introduces the single-estate teas, and presents the 10 teas in the set with additional information on the manufacture, origin, etc.
What's in this box?
- Milky Oolong
Oolong from Thailand with delicious milky flavours and wonderfully rich notes.
- Butterfly of Taiwan
A superb tea with woody, honeyed and spicy notes.
- Genmaicha Yama
A surprising blend of Bancha green tea and toasted rice, this Japanese variety is unique with its roasted grains and characteristic flavour.
- Sencha Ariake
This Japanese green tea is sweet yet invigorating, with a grassy and slightly salty flavour. A perfect gentle introduction to the joys of Sencha teas.
- Long Jing
Breathe in the chestnut scent of this green tea, the best known and most popular in China, and imagine yourself on a stroll through the woods.
- Grand Yunnan Impérial
Mellow and floral, with just a hint of astringency, this delicious breakfast tea with a honeyed flavour, will wake you up without overstimulating.
- Darjeeling Margaret's Hope F.T.G.F.O.P Second Flush
This tea from the Himalayan highlands features dark and fruity notes. A second flush with plenty of character.
- Kenya Kirinyaga
A black tea powerful and aromatic.
- Pu Erh Impérial
Widely renowned in China for its many benefits, this dark tea with a strong scent of damp earth is the perfect digestive aid after a rich meal.
- Jejudo Impérial
A well worth trying Korean green tea, of a very high quality!