MAINTAINING FRIENDSHIPS WITH OUR PRODUCERS FOR OVER 30 YEARS
If you want to discover the finest teas, you have to go meet the tea growers directly. By doing this from the outset, we’ve been able to forge long-lasting friendships based on respect. This relationship of trust gives us privileged access to rare varietals grown using skills passed down the generations, and whose ephemeral flavors vary from harvest to harvest. We return from each trip filled with new knowledge and techniques that we share with other producers, in our common goal of creating exceptional teas.
ThailandMae SalongMs. MingIt’s still not often that you find a woman at the helm of a tea farm. Ms. Ming is a bold and talented woman, who saves her best oolong teas just for us.
JapanThe heights of KagoshimaMr. KumadaA farmer with a love of the land who proudly practices organic farming on his tea plants in the heights of Kagoshima.
JapanArya TaraSaran RaiSaran produces different grades, but every year only 300 kilos of one particularly exceptional varietal goes into our AV2 tea.
CURATING EXCEPTIONAL FLAVORED CREATIONS INSPIRED BY TRAVELS AND EMOTIONS
Mathias Minet has been creating delicately balanced flavored creations at Palais des Thés for more than twenty years.Flavored tea is an exacting art which requires playing with subtle combinations to achieve the perfect balance between tea and aromas. This balance creates an emotion which is designed to awaken the senses.
«I believe that a successful flavored tea is one that arouses emotion, be it joy or awe. The smell, the taste, they evoke something deep inside you, taking you back to a memory unique to you.
It’s a source of fulfilment. »
It’s a source of fulfilment. »
Creator of flavored teas
THE INSPIRATION BEHIND OUR FLAVORED TEAS
- Hammam teaFlavored green tea – fruity & floralWe wanted to evoke the true Turkish steam bath experience. This green tea is inspired by the traditional Turkish hammam, an ancient ritual promoting relaxation and a clear mind. The floral and fruity notes evoke green dates, orange blossom and red berries, scents found while strolling through a garden along the Bosporus Strait. A mere sip of this tea and the heady scents transport the drinker to these distant shores.
- Spring of LondonEarl GreyWe’ve combined a first-flush Darjeeling with beautiful bergamot. The challenge lay in finding the common element that brought it all together, enabling bergamot’s light zesty scent to harmonize with the delicately fleeting first-flush Darjeeling notes.
- Garden of VenusInfusions du LouvreFor Garden of Venus, our inspiration came from the Mediterranean sunlight, evoking a stroll in a garden full of white flowers and citrus fruits, losing yourself amongst the columns of forgotten temples. The sweetness of vanilla, the fruity orange scent and the delicate carob fragrance whisk you away to that Eden.
- Lords’ TeaEarl GreyLords’ Tea is a quintessential English tea which revisits the great Earl Grey classic, whose full-bodied flavor is owed to the blend of bergamot and Indian black tea. It makes for an excellent everyday tea, to be enjoyed especially at breakfast for the perfect wake me up. This tea has the most pronounced bergamot flavor amongst all our Earl Grey blends.
- Tibetan Monks TeaFlavored black & green teas – FloralInspired by the mysterious aromas emanating from secret ancestral blends made by Tibetan monks. We wanted to recreate that alchemy that oozes a sensation of tranquility. Lose yourself in this incredibly floral tea and feel suspended in the moment.