Dark chocolate pairs harmoniously with several black teas. This is the case with Grand Yunnan Imperial and its honeyed notes that blend perfectly with the intensity of dark chocolate. For an extra hint of sweetness, you can opt for Thé des Gourmets with its generous almond glints, or Montagne Bleue, a flavored black tea with notes of honey, lavender, strawberry and rhubarb. Finally, for a tone-on-tone pairing, we recommend Jukro, a black tea that unfolds gourmet notes of cocoa and vanilla.
Try out a fruity pairing with Pear Pure Indulgence, a pure delight that combines the freshness of a Mao Feng green tea with the sweet flavor and caramelized nuances of pear. The Thé des Moines also goes perfectly with milk chocolate thanks to its gourmet notes of candied citrus. For a complimentary yet innovative pairing, prepare a Genmaicha Yama, a Bancha green tea with soft roasted notes.
The sweetness of white chocolate pairs well with the fruity and floral notes of the famous Thé du Hammam. Its Rooibos version is another sweet option. You can also opt for Dong Ding, a subtle oolong with a floral, vegetal, and buttery flavor. It makes for a balanced, subtle pairing with the smoothness of white chocolate. Last but not least, Blue of London, a black tea from Yunnan with fresh and delicate bergamot, is a perfect complement to white chocolate.
Our suggestionsTea & Chocolate
- Best-sellerGRAND JASMINE CHUNG FENG teaOne of the finest jasmine teas with a high proportion of tips.$14.50
- Best-sellerTHÉ DES LORDS Earl Grey teaOur Earl Grey tea with the strongest bergamot taste.$14.50
- Best-sellerSENCHA ARIAKE green teaThe mildest of the great Sencha teas, great for the morning.$15.50
- Best-sellerPU ERH IMPERIAL teaHighly regarded in Chinese medicine for its curative properties.$14.50
- Best-sellerCHAI IMPERIALA blend of black teas and spices$14.50
- Best-sellerBLUE OF LONDON Earl Grey TeaA superb blend that combines Yunnan, one of the world's finest black teas, with fresh, delicate bergamot.$14.50
- Best-sellerGRAND YUNNAN IMPERIAL black teaOur customers' favorite black tea with a supple texture and honey taste.$14.50
- Best-sellerMONTAGNE BLEUE berries honey...Honey, lavender, blueberry, strawberry and rhubarb.$14.50
- Best-sellerTHÉ DES MOINES Tibetan black...Flowery tea blend inspired by a secret Tibetan recipe.$14.50
- Best-sellerGENMAICHA Yama green teaA traditional blend of Bancha green tea and roasted rice.$14.50
- Best-sellerTHÉ DU HAMMAM berries green teaBerries, rose, orange blossom and green date pulp.$14.50
- Best-sellerROOIBOS DU HAMMAM berries teaRooibos from South Africa with berries and green date. Naturally caffeine-free.$14.50