Madeleines with Grand Yunnan Impérial
Serves 4 Dessert
- 15 to 20min
- 3 tablespoons (12 g) of tea
- 8 cl of 2% milk
- 75g of butter
- 2 eggs
- 75g of powdered sugar
- 125g of flour
- ½ packet of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 355 °F.
- Heat milk in a small pot.
- Once the milk is warmed, infuse a tablespoon of tea for 6 minutes.
- Filter the tea.
- Melt butter in a pot and allow it to cool.
- In a salad bowl, whisk eggs with sugar in order to obtain a frothy mix.
- Pour in milk.
- Add a pinch of salt, flour, baking powder and melted butter.
- Using a mortar or rolling pin, crush the remaining tea into a powder.
- Add the powdered tea and mix to create a homogenous paste.
- Using the previously buttered madeleine pan, fill ¾ of the way with the paste.
- Keep in the oven for 15 to 20 min.
Add some honey to the madeleines for added sweetness.