Clafoutis with apples & Chai Impérial
Serves 6 Dessert
- 4 large apples
- 8 1/2 fl. oz. (25cl) of whipping cream
- 7 muslin teabags or 3 tbsp (15g) of
- 3 eggs
- 3.5 oz. (100g) of brown sugar
- 3.5 oz. (100g) of flour
- 5 speculoos type biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F.
- Place the cream and tea in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and allow to infuse for 4 minutes.
- Remove the tea and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream the eggs and sugar.
- Add the flavored cream and flour to the bowl, and mix until smooth.
- Grease an oven-proof dish with butter.
- Peel and dice the apples and place them in the dish, then cover them with the mixture.
- Crush the speculoos type biscuits.
- Scatter the crushed biscuits over the mixture along with some brown sugar.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
This clafoutis is delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard.