Almond cream with Vive les Fêtes tea
Serves 2 Dessert
- 30 ml of
- 50 cl of whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 entire egg
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of powdered almonds
- 2 teaspoons of blanched almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- In a pan, bring milk to a simmer. Add tea leaves to the milk and let infuse for 5 minutes, then strain tea leaves.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Whisk together eggs and sugar, stir vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Reheat the strained milk, add the almond powder and pour the warm mix over the eggs. Mix well.
- Butter 6 ramekins, spreading cream, then place in an oven-safe dish. Pour water in the dish filling it half way, and let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Allow the creme to cool, then place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
For more crunch, add blanched almonds before serving.