Hot chocolate with Chai Impérial
6 glasses Alcohol-free
- 3.5 oz. (100g) of dark chocolate (64% minimum cocoa solids) in pieces
- 200 fl. oz. (600cl) of semi-skimmed milk
- 1.7 oz. (50g) of sugar
- 34 fl. oz. (100cl) of whipping/double cream
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 7 teabags or 3 tbsp (15g) in a large filter
- Place the milk, cream, sugar, vanilla sugar and tea in a saucepan and heat.
- As soon as the mixture starts to bubble, remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 4 minutes.
- Remove the tea.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the chocolate over a low heat, then whisk vigorously into the milk mixture.
- Serve hot in a large mug.
Makes a perfect accompaniment to a slice of panettone.