Care of your teapot
Many tea lovers consider their teapot a prized possession. Some even have a whole collection! Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to keep your teapot in pristine shape over time.
Here are some practical recommendations for maintaining your teapot to ensure that every pot is equally delicious.
- After using your teapot, rinse it out with hot water; avoid using soap.
- Wipe down the outside while the pot is still hot.
- Never scrub your teapot with an abrasive sponge; instead, wipe it gently with a soft cloth.
- Always let the inside of the teapot air dry with the lid off.
- To prevent stains and rings, never leave water or tea in your teapot for too long.
- Before putting your teapot away, make sure it is completely dry (inside and out) and, if possible, store the lid separately.