Orange Cake flavoured with Earl Grey Blue of London tea
Serves 6/8 Dessert
- 15 to 20min
- 250 g (9 oz) almond paste
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 20 g (0.7 oz) caster sugar
- 6 g (0.2 oz) flour
- 6 g (0.2 oz) cornflour
- 25 g (0.9 oz) grated coconut
- 2 g (0.07 oz) ground Earl Grey tea
- 0.5 g (1/8 tsp) baking powder
- 90 g (3 oz) butter
- Allow the almond paste to warm to room temperature, then mix with the eggs and orange zest.
- Beat the egg white to form soft peaks, then add the caster sugar. Fold in with the almond paste mixture.
- Sift the flour, cornflour, baking powder, grated coconut and ground tea into the mixture, then add the melted butter.
- Put in a baking dish and bake at 170°C (375°F) for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool, then cut into pieces.
For a special treat, serve with a lemon coulis.