Maté Energy Balls
Serves 1 / 2 Apetizer
- 3 Medjool dates
- 70 g of oatmeal or spelt
- 100 g of whole almonds with skin
- 3 tablespoons of liqueur
- Infuse 20 g of maté in 10 cl of water at 176°F for 5 minutes, then allow the liqueur to cool.
- Pour 70 g of oatmeal or spelt in a mixer and rapidly mix until smaller in size. Make sure not to mix into a powder.
- Divide 35 g into 2 bowls, one half will be for creating the balls, the other for coating.
- Coarsely grind almonds until they are smaller but not to a powder. If there are some larger pieces left, they will add more crunchiness.
- Cut the dates in half, remove the pit and add the dates in the mixing bowl with the almonds and one of the oatmeal bowls, then mix to obtain a thick batter.
- Add 3 tablespoons of maté liqueur to the mix, then mix rapidly.
- Wet your hands and create balls the size of a large nut. The pastry should be a bit sticky.
- Next, roll the pastry in the bowl of oatmeal set aside for coating.
- Keep in ambient temperature.