For a number of years, certain African plantation managers – like this Tanzanian producer – have endeavoured to enhance the quality of the teas they produce. This delightful harvest comes from the Usambara Mountains, in the region of Tanga.
A green tea from Tanzania boasting vegetal, fruity, iodized and mineral notes. The smooth texture gives way to a fine astringency ensuring a long finish.
- Tanga, Tanzania
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: large crumpled leaves
- Colours: dark green
- Scents: vegetal, fruity
- Scents: vegetal, mineral, fruity
- Colours: pale green
- Texture: smooth with a delicate final astringency
- Flavours: acidic with a delicate bitterness
- Aromas: (cooked) vegetal start, salty notes (iodine), nuts, floral notes and hints of fresh fruit, mineral
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a fresh and original tea with vegetal and iodized notes which develop against a rounded texture with a delicate astringency at the end
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4 minutes in water heated to 75°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.