Palais des Thés invites you to learn the art of tea tasting and to explore its iconic single-estate teas. Each tea tube features the region, country of origin, tea type, appearance of the leaves, and ideal preparation conditions.This box contains ten single-estate, loose leaf tea tubes (approximately 2 oz. of tea per tube) of each of the following teas:
- Milky Oolong: with its buttery, vanilla, and fresh floral notes, this gourmet oolong from Thailand is a delight.
- Butterfly of Taïwan: with its woody, honeyed, spicy notes and subtly sweet flavor, this Oolong is round and long in the mouth and unanimously appreciated.
- Genmaicha Yama: a traditional Japanese tea that blends Bancha green tea with roasted brown rice.
- Sencha Ariake: a Japanese green tea, both sweet and invigorating, with a vegetal and very slightly iodized flavor, ideal for discovering the excellence of Sencha teas.
- Long Jing: one of the best reputations among Chinese teas, with its roast chestnut notes.
- Grand Yunnan Imperial: this Chinese black tea provides a subtle energy boost. It is soft and floral, with a subtle astringency and a crowd-pleasing honeyed flavor.
- Darjeeling Margaret's Hope: dark, fruity, and full of character, it stimulates without overexciting.
- Kenya Kirinyaga: this strong black tea's intense woody and honeyed notes, as well as its robust texture, make it an excellent breakfast tea.
- Pu Erh Imperial: a well-known dark tea with woody and liquorice notes that aids digestion.
- Jejudo Imperial: this Korean green tea is a hidden gem with its marine and hazelnut notes typical of spring teas and its very umami flavor.To go even further, this tasting set includes a booklet that teaches the fundamentals of tea tasting, introduces the single-estate teas, and presents the 10 teas in the set with additional information on the manufacture, origin, etc.
What's in this box?
- Milky Oolong
Oolong from Thailand with delicious milky flavours and wonderfully rich notes.
- Butterfly of Taiwan
A superb tea with woody, honeyed and spicy notes.
- Genmaicha Yama
A surprising blend of Bancha green tea and toasted rice, this Japanese variety is unique with its roasted grains and characteristic flavour.
- Sencha Ariake
This Japanese green tea is sweet yet invigorating, with a grassy and slightly salty flavour. A perfect gentle introduction to the joys of Sencha teas.
- Long Jing
Breathe in the chestnut scent of this green tea, the best known and most popular in China, and imagine yourself on a stroll through the woods.
- Grand Yunnan Impérial
Mellow and floral, with just a hint of astringency, this delicious breakfast tea with a honeyed flavour, will wake you up without overstimulating.
- Darjeeling Margaret's Hope F.T.G.F.O.P Second Flush
This tea from the Himalayan highlands features dark and fruity notes. A second flush with plenty of character.
- Kenya Kirinyaga
A black tea powerful and aromatic.
- Pu Erh Impérial
Widely renowned in China for its many benefits, this dark tea with a strong scent of damp earth is the perfect digestive aid after a rich meal.
- Jejudo Impérial
A well worth trying Korean green tea, of a very high quality!