This Grand Cru from Rutsiro disctrict, a western province of Rwanda, is delightfully fresh, with a sweet brew in which grassy, mineral, and fruity notes are set off by a touch of astringency.
- Rwanda, Africa
- Tea color:
- green tea
- Appearance: large slightly twisted leaves
- Color: olive green
- Scents: bread crumb, fruity, marine vegetal
- Scents: fruity, cooked vegetal, marine vegetal
- Color: pale green
- Texture: a fine astringency
- Flavors: slightly sweet at the back of the mouth
- Aromas: cooked vegetal (courgette), marine vegetal, mineral, fruity
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a smooth liquor with fresh vegetal and fruity notes
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.