This is an exceptional dark tea from Yunnan, with notes of damp earth, mushroom and tobacco in the cup. It releases a perfect succession of notes and lingers in the mouth with a smooth, delicious finish. This vintage Pu Erh is a must and will be highly appreciated by Pu Erh connoisseurs!
Vintage Pu Erhs are prestigious teas of exceptional quality, offering a refined liquor and unique flavours and aromas. Storing them is a real art as they must be kept in specific conditions in terms of temperature, humidity and so on for a number of years.During fermentation, vintage Pu Erhs acquire a richer, sweeter flavour than a young Pu Erh and have an aftertaste that is more earthy and damp, evoking mushrooms. They improve over time, and their age determines their price. Very old teas are costly, and there are fakes on the market. Like wine, these fine vintage Pu Erhs can be enjoyed immediately or can be kept for improving further in a cellar.
- Origin: Yunnan, China
- Tea colour: dark tea
François-Xavier Delmas' choice:
“An extraordinary aged premium tea with rich aromas and subtlety.”
- Appearance: a lovely regular plucking with plenty of buds
- Colours: dark and pale brown
- Scents: mainly woody
Brewed leaves (infusion):
- Scents: damp cellar, oak moss, dry wood, animal (cowshed), damp earth, a hint of vanilla
- Colour: reddish brown
- Texture: silky
- Flavours: very subtle, sweet and umami
- Aromas: undergrowth to start, damp wood, humus, mushroom, oak moss, dry wood, wax, tobacco, liquorice
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: smooth yet complex, long in the mouth, evolves like an aged wine with a remarkable succession of notes
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.