A plucking with an oily texture becoming velvety and with buttery, milky, sugar and vegetal notes.
This tea comes from Maesalong in the province of Chiang Rai in northern Thailand. Harvested at an altitude of 1,500 metres on Mrs Ming's garden, this Oolong, grown without pesticides, is lightly oxidised and rolled into pearls.
- Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Tea color:
- Appearance: large leaves rolled into large “pearls”
- Color: jade green
- Scents: pronounced vanilla, buttery, milky, bread crumb, spicy
- Scents: pronounced butter (melted butter), vanilla, milky, almond frangipane, a vegetal hint (cut grass)
- Color: a clear, gleaming, pale yellow liquor
- Texture: a sweet, oily texture, becoming velvety at the back at the mouth
- Flavors: a touch of sweetness
- Aromas: buttery (melted butter), milky (warm milk), almond milk, vanilla sugar, frangipane, white floral aromas and a vegetal hint (cut grass)
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: delicate sweet aromas that line the palate with an oily texture, becoming more velvety, sustaining a sweet vegetal note
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.