This is a Grand Cru coming from the Satemwa plantation, located in the Shire Highlands in southern Malawi (Africa). This smocky black tea has powerful smoky notes of wood, then spices, sustained by a delicious sweet note. Recommended for fans of smoked teas!
The plantation was created in 1923 and today is managed by Alex Kay, a passionate producer who is constantly improving the quality of his teas while respecting the environment and offering his pickers fair wages, thereby helping to support the local community.
- Tea color:
- smocky black tea
- Appearance: very large leaves, minimally shaped
- Colors: brown to black
- Scents: smoky wood, ash, incense
- Scents: smoky wood, ash
- Color: amber
- Texture: smooth
- Flavors: sweet and slightly bitter
- Aromas: smoky wood, spicy (clove), woody (sawdust), and a phenolic hint
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: the pronounced notes of smoky wood are present from the start and throughout the tasting, accompanied by a slightly bitter flavour. At the back of the mouth there are woody, spicy notes and a sweet flavour that provides a long finish
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.