Its fruity opening evolves to reveal more honeyed and vanilla flavours.
Traditionally, white teas are a speciality of the Chinese province of Fujian. Of all the tea families, it is the white teas that undergo the least elaborate manufacturing process, and yet it is also the white teas that are some of the most delicate of all.
- Origin: Fujian, China
- Tea colour: white tea
- Appearance: large slightly twisted leaves with plenty of downy buds
- Colours: brown and khaki with white buds
- Scents: fruity, hazelnut, breadcrumb, malty
- Scents: fruity, vegetal, woody (straw), hazelnut, almond, leather, a hint of vanilla, vegetal (vegetables)
- Colour: golden
- Texture: a velvety texture that develops astringency
- Flavours: a slight acidity, sweet
- Aromas: fruity (grape, apple), vegetal (stems, straw), floral (rose), hazelnut, cereals, honey, vanilla pod, metallic, a hint of leather
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: the aromatic intensity develops gradually, starting with fruity notes before developing underlying notes of honey and vanilla
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 8 minutes in water heated to 80°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.