This exceptional Grand Cru comes from Fuding, in the Fujian region, along the Heng Shan Mountain.
The green tea is picked in April when the young spring shoots are at their best. The pearls are rolled individually by hand, dried, and then stored until August when the jasmine is picked. The pearls are then put in contact with large quantities of fresh jasmine flowers and then picked out one by one. This process is repeated seven times, allowing for a highly fragrant and delicate tea.
- Appearance: leaves and buds shaped into pearls
- Colours: blends of green leaves and silver buds
- Scents: jasmine flowers
- Scents : jasmine, rich and complex, without animal notes
- Colours: golden pale
- Texture: oily
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: the floral note of jasmine is both opulent and fresh. A hint of red fruit (wild strawberry) and a milky nuance. In the background: all the sap of green tea
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: an intense initial aroma, the floral note has a long finish and leaves a fresh floral sensation after the final sip
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 5 minutes in water heated to 75°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.