Teesta Valley DJ 45 is a wonderful Darjeeling First Flush with a spicy and grilled hazelnut finish. Its notes of raw plants and nuts are typical of high-quality Darjeeling First Flush.
The First Flush are so exquisite that they are called the “Champagne of tea”.
Taking its name from a nearby river, the “Teesta Valley” plantation serves up a delicious range of grands crus every year, provoking great interest among the keenest connoisseurs.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea color:
- black tea
- Appearance: attractive twisted leaves
- Colors: dark brown and light green
- Scents: vegetal, hazelnut
- Scents: vegetal, aromatic herbs, grilled hazelnut
- Color: golden yellow
- Texture: delicate astringency
- Flavors: slight bitterness
- Aromas: aromatic herbs, vegetal (artichoke), grilled hazelnut, hints of spices (pepper)
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: sweet vegetal taste at the start giving way to a more vibrant body with hints of aromatic herbs. The underlying notes of spices and grilled hazelnut offer a long finish
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 185°F
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.