This flush is harvested in the Teesta Valley, which is also the name of an adjacent river and the tea garden. The leaves of this superb spring flush boast a particularly strong concentration of active ingredients, lending this tea a highly complex aromatic profile.
A spring tea with complex floral and fruity notes. The smooth texture reveals a subtle astringency ensuring the flavours remain long in the mouth.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: regular leaves and buds
- Colours: green leaves and silvery buds
- Scents: vegetal, toasted
- Scents : fruit, floral, almonds
- Colours: golden, glossy
- Texture: creamy with a delicate astringency
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: floral, fresh fruits (citrus and exotic fruits), delicately toasted, raw plants (artichoke), nuts
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a tea with fresh, fruity notes supported by a smooth texture with a subtly powdery finish. Its complex, elegant notes coat the palate
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.