The Risheehat garden, which means ”Home of Holy Saints”, is located at an altitude between 400 and 1700 metres, 14 km east of Darjeeling. It is one of the most prestigious gardens in Darjeeling, and produces very high quality new-season teas. The plantation has made efforts for many years to protect the biodiversity of the land.
Feuille sèche- Appearance: lovely delicately twisted leaves with a few downy buds
- Colors: a mixture of brown, pale green and dark green leaves
- Scents: bread crumb, vegetal, floral, vanilla
Infusion- Scents: rose floral, raw vegetal, fresh almond, cooked vegetable notes and a hint of fresh fruit (white peach, mango)
Liqueur- Color: pale gold
- Texture: supple with a very slight astringency
- Flavors: a subtle bitterness
- Aromas: pronounced vegetal (artichoke) and rose floral notes to start, a hint of fresh almond, zesty, raw vegetal (cut grass) and herbal notes with fruity and vanilla accents
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a harmonious liquor with sweet and fresh notes enhanced by a supple, discreet texture
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.