Situated in Darjeeling on a plot on the North Tukvar low-altitude plantation, the Delmas Bari garden, named after the founder of Palais des Thés, was planted on 18 March 2006. In the best season, the plantation produces a remarkable tea thanks to the planter's expertise as well as the quality of tea plants. The planter, G. Somani, has been working with Palais des Thés for many years, and is one of the best in Darjeeling.
- Tea color: black tea
Feuille sèche- Appearance: an exceptional plucking; the leaves are minimally shaped, with plenty of silver downy buds
- Colors: pale green, dark green, dark brown and silver
- Scents: straw, fruity, brioche
Infusion- Scents: vegetal, pronounced floral, fruity, herbal, vanilla
Liqueur- Color: pale gold
- Texture: smooth and round to start, followed by a delicate astringency that lines the palate
- Flavors: a touch of sweetness and a subtle acidity
- Aromas: floral (rose), zesty, herbal, vegetal, straw, fruity (lychee, citrus), vanilla, fresh almond
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: very lively and harmonious to start with aromatic herbs and zesty rose. A lovely sweeter finish in the mouth with notes of fruit, vanilla and almond sustained by delicate sweet and acidic flavors.
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.