At the beginning of every spring, the gardens that harvest the first Darjeelings are those located at lower altitudes, as they enjoy more clement temperatures. Longview DJ 8 S.F.T.G.F.O.P.1 is in this category.
Feuille sèche- Appearance: lovely finely rolled leaves with a few buds
- Colors: olive green and dark brown
- Scents: bread crumb, fruity
Infusion- Scents: floral (rose, jasmine), fruity (mango), camphorous
Liqueur- Color: gleaming pale yellow
- Texture: very round to start followed by a delicate astringency in the back of the mouth
- Flavors: a delicate acidity
- Aromas: pronounced floral (rose, jasmine) to start, followed by fruity (mango) and camphorous notes, finishing with an underlying vegetal (artichoke) aroma
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: plenty of freshness at the start with floral and camphorous notes, developing fruity notes in the middle, followed by an intense underlying vegetal quality
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.