A quality premium Chinese black tea composed exclusively of buds with golden, downy tips. Yunnan Buds Premium is a true delight, with its notes of truffle and leather. Fans of black teas will love its complex, powerful aroma.
- Origin: Yunnan, China
- Tea colour: black tea
- Appearance: a spectacular plucking composed solely of very long golden buds
- Scents: an animal note combines with the honey, floral fragrances of Yunnan
Brewed leaves (infusion):
- Colour: dark brown
- Scents: dominant undergrowth and animal notes (wet wicker, leather) with underlying honey notes
- Colour: dark mahogany
- Texture: silky with a delicate astringency
- Flavours: a touch of bitterness and acidity
- Aromas: wonderfully rich! Wicker, mushroom, nutmeg, prune, tobacco, mocha, beeswax and leather are some of the notes offered by this type of tea
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: full and well-balanced, the aromas remain in the mouth for many minutes after the last sip
Throughout the year, our experts travel in the tea plantations looking for the best pluckings and new, rare, delicious teas.
The fact that we travel so extensively, that we taste and buy on location has many advantages and allows us to find rare crops by looking outside the traditional supplier circuit, to taste and to share with you the harvests of small plantations, which are often hidden away.
Visiting tea estates regularly and thereby establishing long-lasting relations with our suppliers allows us to guarantee regular quality control of the teas we buy, and to continue our mission: to bring you the best quality teas and to share our travels and experience with you, while concerning ourselves with environmental issues, working conditions on the estates and the fair trade practices to which we adhere.