Grand Cru Rwanda Silver Mist
Palais des Thés is delighted to bring you this delicious new premium tea from Sorwathe in Rwanda.
The tea’s gourmand notes of wood (dry and waxed), honey and stewed fruit is topped by a delicate vegetal accent.
The aromas are long in the mouth thanks to a subtle astringency that will delight fans of black teas from Yunnan or Sichuan. A delightful discovery!
François-Xavier Delmas' choice:
“It’s a pleasure to be able to offer a premium tea from Rwanda at last. This one comes from the high plateaus (approximately 2,000 metres in altitude). The tea grows in a breathtakingly beautiful environment, in a Rainforest Alliance certified plantation. Most importantly, it has a wonderful range of flavours and aromas.”
- Origin: Rwanda, Africa
- Tea colour: black tea
- Appearance: long, delicately processed leaves with plenty of long buds
- Colour: a cross between olive green and brown
- Scents: a warm, woody, chocolaty aroma, with stewed fruit and honey
Brewed leaves (infusion):
- Scents: wood, fruit (quince paste), honey and malt
- Colour: mahogany
- Texture: smooth, round, then a subtle astringency
- Flavours: a very delicate acidic, sweet flavour
- Aromas: dry wood and waxed wood, honey, stewed fruit, a vegetal accent
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: full, gourmand and long in the mouth, this tea has warm notes that are similar to some quality teas from Yunnan and Sichuan
More about the co-operative
Throughout the year, our experts travel in the tea plantations looking for the best pluckings and new, rare, delicious teas.
The fact that we travel so extensively, that we taste and buy on location has many advantages and allows us to find rare crops by looking outside the traditional supplier circuit, to taste and to share with you the harvests of small plantations, which are often hidden away.
Visiting tea estates regularly and thereby establishing long-lasting relations with our suppliers allows us to guarantee regular quality control of the teas we buy, and to continue our mission: to bring you the best quality teas and to share our travels and experience with you, while concerning ourselves with environmental issues, working conditions on the estates and the fair trade practices to which we adhere.