The latest addition to the Pure Indulgence collection which combines quality teas with unique flavours sourced from nature, Yuzu is an exceptional, fine, delicate and perfectly balanced composition that celebrates two of the most precious flavours in Japan: Shincha tea and yuzu.
This innovative creation elevates flavoured tea to the same status as the finest "grand cru" green teas.
A combination of two prestigious ingredients:
Shincha tea is a green tea produced from the first plucking of the year. With an exceptional fresh vegetal quality, it is considered one of the finest and most delicate green teas in the world.
Yuzu is a rare citrus fruit similar to lemon and mandarin. Deliciously zesty, it is venerated and highly prized in Japanese cuisine.
A truly refined tasting experience!
In this prestigious edition, your Pure Indulgence Yuzu tea comes in an attractive metal canister containing 6oz of Yuzu tea, presented in beautiful packaging, making this a stunning and prestige product. It is accompanied by a leaflet describing how the Yuzu tea was created, along with brewing advice.
1) Western-style, brewed in a teapot:
- Prepare your tea in a teapot with a capacity of 30 cl.
- Place 0.2oz of Yuzu tea in a sufficiently large filter
- Then add to the teapot pure water heated to 160°F
- Leave to steep for two to three minutes
2) Japanese-style, brewed in a Kyusu:
- Place 0.3oz of Yuzu tea in the Kyusu
- Pour 20 cl of pure water at 160°F over the leaves
- Cover with the lid and leave to steep for around one minute for the first infusion
- Pour the liquor into the cups, taking care to distribute it evenly, as the last drops are the most concentrated
- For the second infusion, steep the leaves for 45 seconds; for the third, steep for 30 seconds
3) To serve as an iced tea:
Simply infuse 0.2oz of Yuzu tea in half a litre of water at room temperature for 40 minutes, then place in the fridge to chill.
Throughout the year, our experts travel in the tea plantations looking for the best pluckings and new, rare, delicious teas.
The fact that we travel so extensively, that we taste and buy on location has many advantages and allows us to find rare crops by looking outside the traditional supplier circuit, to taste and to share with you the harvests of small plantations, which are often hidden away.
Visiting tea estates regularly and thereby establishing long-lasting relations with our suppliers allows us to guarantee regular quality control of the teas we buy, and to continue our mission: to bring you the best quality teas and to share our travels and experience with you, while concerning ourselves with environmental issues, working conditions on the estates and the fair trade practices to which we adhere.